홈연구자 광장자료실
연구자 광장
자료실

노년의 터치스톤(Touch Stone): 지속적 운동참여에 관한 현상학적 이해

페이지 정보

조회 : 10회 작성일 : 24-08-23 04:57

본문

Purpose 

This study aims to deeply analyze and understand the essence of the experiences of the elderly who consistently practice physical exercise, and what significance these experiences hold in their lives. 

Methods 

To achieve the study objective, 16 seniors aged 65 and above, who consistently practice exercise, were selected as research participants. The study utilized a qualitative research method based on Van Maanen's interpretative phenomenological approach. Through Van Maanen's four existential grounds: lived body, lived space, lived relation, and lived time, the experiences and essence of the elderly who consistently practice physical exercise were analyzed. 

Result 

Through participant observation and in-depth interviews, the essential themes identified regarding the reasons for the elderly to continue exercising are tenfold. The corresponding contents are 'Muscular Strength: Muscular strength is vitality', 'Physical Efficacy: The elderly want to feel beautiful too', 'Another Space for Myself', 'Confidence: Discovering another version of oneself', 'Social Capital: My new friends', 'Social Support: My supporters', 'Redefining Time through Exercise: The clock of the elderly', 'Perception of Emotional Change: The emotional changes in the elderly', 'Lifestyle: Changes in life rhythm'. 

Conclusion 

The elderly experience various mental and physical challenges due to aging. While physical activities and consistent exercise cannot solve all these challenges, it is evident that they enrich their late-life experiences positively through physical activities. This study holds significance in collating the intrinsic structures behind the meanings of life as experienced through the persistence of elderly exercise. It is anticipated that the findings will illuminate the reasons behind the persistence of elderly exercise and aid in the formulation of policies to promote elderly exercise and the development of related programs. 

Key Word : Elderly, phenomenological approach, Van Maanen’s four existential grounds  

첨부파일